VEPF Pharmacy Technician Certification
For High School Students
Start your rewarding and exciting career as a pharmacy technician in just 16 weeks while you are still in high school.
Pharmacy technicians are integral healthcare professionals that assist the pharmacist. Their functions are a cornerstone to proper functioning of the pharmacy and are getting more challenging.
Our course focuses on laws and regulations governing a pharmacy, duties of a pharmacy technician, drugs and different drug classes, pharmaceutical calculations and the dispensing process just to name a few.
At the end of the program students will be eligible to take the ExCPT Exam by NHA
High school students eligibility to take the NHA ExCPT Exam
1. Successful completion of our Pharmacy Technician course
2. Successful completion of externship
3. Must not be less than 60 days from successful graduation from high school and obtaining a high school diploma
After passing the ExCPT Exam and upon Successful completion of high school, and obtaining your diploma, the student will be issued a Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
Externship - CVS Pharmacy
Offsite clinical externship placement by our clinical co-ordinator with our affiliate, CVS pharmacy.
Duties of a Pharmacy Technician
A pharmacy technician helps the pharmacist and is also compassionate, efficient and accurate.
Duties of a pharmacy technician include and are not limited to
Obtain information from patients pertaining to demographics.
Correctly translate a prescriber’s directions for use into accurate and complete directions for the patient.
Maintain and calibrate sterile compounding equipment.
Identify drugs that require special handling procedures.
Communicate appropriately and professionally with patients and healthcare professionals.
Follow proper record-keeping procedures pertaining to the pharmacy
Job Outlook For Pharmacy Technicians
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics employment of pharmacy technicians is projected to grow 9 percent from 2014 to 2024 due to a number of factors like an aging population, higher rates of chronic diseases, advances in pharmaceutical research and federal health insurance reforms
Places you can work as a pharmacy technician
Mail Order Pharmacies.
Standard 16 week program
$2,100 ( Payment plans available )
Simply go to our admissions page and complete the application form
• Must be a high school student
• Background and drug screening are required prior to clinical
To be eligible to sit for an ExCPT pharmacy technician certification examination and receive CPhT certification, each candidate must:
1. Successfully complete a training program or have relevant work experience as described below: Training Program – Candidates must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
2. Successfully complete a pharmacy technician training program offered by an accredited or state-recognized institution or provider; or
3. Successfully complete an employer-based training program that: a. is recognized by the Board of Pharmacy of the state in which the candidate completes the training program; or b. has been verified by the candidate’s employer to provide academic preparation, including technical skills and knowledge, sufficient to prepare the candidate to adequately perform the duties of an entry-level pharmacy technician.